Please note that as of May 2022, Fab Lab Tulsa has opened its newly constructed lab facility: Hardesty Hub for Makers. Available membership plans and plan features will be initially limited but gradually expanded as additional machinery and rooms are activated over the course of 2022. We appreciate your understanding as we work diligently to make our full lab capabilities available to the Tulsa community. View Fab Lab Tulsa's Equipment Page to see its available fabrication machinery per room.
Fab Lab Tulsa offers a variety of new membership plans tailored for different project interests, project needs, and project durations. We offer short-term (Gateway) intermediate-term (Tinker), and long-term (Maker) membership plans which are further partitioned into different rooms (Studio, Wood Lab, and Metal Lab) and machine suites. Please review the membership plan summary table and feature tables below to find the membership plan that best suits you.
About the Joining Process
Learn - Join - Book - Fabricate!
Fab Lab Tulsa requires its members to participate in prerequisite instructional classes prior to using lab machinery. To join the lab, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Fab Lab Tulsa's Member Portal hosted by MindBody
- Create a temporary (no cost or obligation) online account with an email address and password
- View our online Video On Demand (VOD) library ($0 pricing option) of instructional videos or sit in on one of our onsite classes at Hardesty Hub for Makers.
- After you've taken your class, purchase your membership contract online through the same Member Portal webpage within 7 days
- As a lab member you'll have the ability to book and manage online appointments for those machines covered in your class
- Visit the Fab Lab Tulsa's Hardesty Hub for Makers at your appointment day/time and check in at our front desk
- Start your project! Fab Lab Tulsa staff are available to answer additional questions.
- Take additional machine-specific classes (video or in-person) to access all the machine workstations relevant to your membership plan
Using the Member Portal
Membership Plan Summary
Age & Access Limits
Membership plans may be purchased by adults 18 years old or older. Children of adult members may accompany their parent/guardian while in the lab. Additional age-limited access restrictions for children under 18 years old are described below:
|Adults (18+ years)||All Lab (Refer to Membership Plans for Specific Restrictions)|
|Children (14 years - 17 years)||Studio, Wood Lab & Metal Lab|
|Children (7 years - 13 years)||Studio Only|
|Children (under 7 years)||Special Lab Events Only|
Membership plans may be purchased online through Fab Lab Tulsa’s website. Use the Member Portal menu to begin the sign up process.
Membership contracts may be purchased using credit/debit cards. Cash and check payments are not accepted.
Membership Start Dates & Terms
Membership contracts must be purchased within 7 days of selecting a $0 class package option and begin the day they are purchased. Laboratory access, online machine appointment booking, and fabrication activities may begin once members attend / view prerequisite classes. Membership contracts automatically expire at the end of their term. Membership contract terms are as follows: Maker plans 12 months, Tinker plans 4 months, and Gateway plans 30 days.
Studio Features by Membership Plan
Wood Lab Features by Membership Plan
Metal Lab Features by Membership Plan
Fab Lab Tulsa, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity qualified by the IRS to receive tax deductible contributions (EIN 30-0638130). Memberships constitute charitable donations to Fab Lab Tulsa, Inc. and provide essential operating funds for Fab Lab Tulsa, Inc. and its non-profit mission. Memberships may be deductible to the extent that they exceed the fair market value of any goods and services received subject to IRS rules and regulations.